- If you don’t get any emails on any given week, show up to the CSA at the usual time and place, and if you’re able…show up to offer to work at 3:30pm or 5:30pm in case there’s a need. The reasons for non-communication could be A) computer problems (storm or no), B) power outages, and C) the X factor (unknown at the present time but…stuff happens).
- Keep in mind that the farm will show up and deliver food like the post office talks about the weather…rain, sleet, etc., so your CSA share will be at the Cinema Arts Centre waiting for you, unless there’s several feet of snow (or a serious ice storm or flooding) and no one is able to go anywhere. We’ve had food delivered during Hurricane Sandy, and during snowstorms.
Veggie info sheets added as needed. This is the link to the: Veggie Info Sheets. Print out, put in a notebook and you end up with a cookbook at the end of the CSA season. Also there are good tips on storage, prep, and nutrition.
- Lettuce – 1 head
- Kale** – 1 bunch
- Mustard Greens*** - 1 bunch
- Potatoes, Sweet****
- What you need to know
- News from the farm
- Click Activism – changing the world one click at a time
- Events…both near and far
- What you actually got last week
- And now for something completely different…
1.What you need to know (will be either new info to first time CSA members, or reminders/old hat to returning CSA members)…
- Check in at the sign-in desk
- Read the Wall Chart that tells us every week what we’re getting, how much we’re getting, and what the farm charged us for it…some weeks it’s take one of everything but SOME WEEKS IT’S NOT!!! So you have to make sure you read the Wall Chart every week, and not assume anything. You can also ask your fellow CSA members that are working at the CSA that day what the story is (they should have name tags on).
Friday, November 2nd
Friday, January 25th to Sunday, February 3rd
- Lettuce: French Crisp, Red – 1 head - $3.50
- Collards* – 1 bunch - $4.50
- Cress, Curly** (also known as Pepper Cress/Garden Cress but NOT the same as Watercress) – 1 bunch - $3.75
- Peppers, Sweet: Lunchbox mix*** - ½ lb. bag - $4.00
- Potatoes, Sweet**** - 2 lb. bag - $4.75