- If you don’t get any emails on any given week, show up to the CSA at the usual time and place, and if you’re able…show up to offer to work at 3:30pm or 5:30pm in case there’s a need. The reasons for non-communication could be A) computer problems (storm or no), B) power outages, and C) the X factor (unknown at the present time but…stuff happens).
- Keep in mind that the farm will show up and deliver food like the post office talks about…rain, sleet, etc., so your CSA share will be at the Cinema Arts Centre waiting for you, unless there’s several feet of snow (or a serious ice storm or flooding) and no one is able to go anywhere. We’ve had food delivered during Sandy, and during snowstorms.
- Lettuce – 1 head
- Cucumbers* – 2 lbs.
- Onions** – 1 bunch
- Carrots*** – 1 bunch
- Tomatoes, Mini**** - 1 pt.
Total Items: 5
- What you need to know
- It’s time to weigh our CSA food!!!
- Click Activism – changing the world one click at a time
- CSA food better and cheaper than supplements…
- Cocaine in the water!
- Events…both near and far
- Mental health (or the lack of it) in the food industry
- What you actually got last week
- And now for something completely different…
- Check in at the sign-in desk
- Read the Wall Chart that tells us every week what we’re getting, how much we’re getting, and what the farm charged us for it…some weeks it’s take one of everything but SOME WEEKS IT’S NOT!!! So you have to make sure you read the Wall Chart every week, and not assume anything. You can also ask your fellow CSA members that are working at the CSA that day what the story is (they should have name tags on).
- Please be aware that it may take a little more time for you to collect your CSA share when weighing is part of the experience, so plan accordingly.
- Check the CSA Wall Chart that our farmer brings in every week before taking any food so you know what you’re taking and how much to take…assume nothing and please feel free to ask questions!
- Bring your reading glasses or ask someone to help if you can’t see the numbers on the scale clearly.
- PLEASE DO NOT GO OVER THE AMOUNT STATED on the Wall Chart.
- IF you are asked to weigh more than one food item at the same time (and you probably will at some point in the CSA season)…please follow the directions given to you, and weigh in the order you are asked (you might not think there’s any good reason to be doing this but our farmer does, and that should be enough of a reason right there but if you want a further explanation – ask someone working at the CSA or contact suzanne…there is always a method to the madness J )
3.Click Activism – changing the world one click at a time
Saturday, August 4th
Friday, August 10th to Sunday, August 12th
Saturday, August 11th
Tuesday, August 21st
Monday, September 3rd
Saturday, September 15th
Saturday, October 20th
Saturday, November 3rd
- Lettuce: Romaine* – 1 head - $3.25
- Squash, Summer: Costata Romanesco, Yellow, Zucchini** – 2 lbs. - $5.25
- Onions*** – 1 bunch - $3.75
- Mustard Greens**** – 1 bunch – $3.50
- Beans, Snap***** - 1 lb. - $3.75