- If you don’t get any emails on any given week, show up to the CSA at the usual time and place, and if you’re able…show up to offer to work at 3:30pm or 5:30pm in case there’s a need. The reasons for non-communication could be A) computer problems (storm or no), B) power outages, and C) the X factor (unknown at the present time but…stuff happens).
- Keep in mind that the farm will show up and deliver food like the post office talks about the weather…rain, sleet, etc., so your CSA share will be at the Cinema Arts Centre waiting for you, unless there’s several feet of snow (or a serious ice storm or flooding) and no one is able to go anywhere. We’ve had food delivered during Hurricane Sandy, and during snowstorms.
The list…this is a general list and you’ll be sent another email within the next week with the detailed list after I get it (which isn’t till the day of the CSA…this list is subject to change without notice because farming is like that! J . However, most of the time it’s accurate and if it’s not…usually only one food item will be changed)…
Veggie info sheets added as needed. This is the link to the: Veggie Info Sheets. Print out, put in a notebook and you end up with a cookbook at the end of the CSA season. Also there are good tips on storage, prep, and nutrition.
- Carrots* (and if we get the Carrot tops/greens…they’re edible) – 1 bunch
- Kale** - 1 bunch
- Peppers, Sweet***
- Squash, Winter: Butternut**** - 1
- Fennel***** – 1 bunch
- Mizuna: Red – 1 bunch
- What you need to know
- Like Burgers (or know people who do)? Check this out…
- News from the farm
- Events…both near and far
- What you actually got last week
- And now for something completely different…
- Check in at the sign-in desk
- Read the Wall Chart that tells us every week what we’re getting, how much we’re getting, and what the farm charged us for it…some weeks it’s take one of everything but SOME WEEKS IT’S NOT!!! So you have to make sure you read the Wall Chart every week, and not assume anything. You can also ask your fellow CSA members that are working at the CSA that day what the story is (they should have name tags on).
2.Like Burgers (or know people who do)? Check this out…
Friday, November 16th
Saturday, November 17th to Monday, November 26th
Sunday, November 18th
- Leeks* – 1 bunch - $4.50
- Broccoli** - 1 bunch - $4.50
- Peppers, Sweet: mix*** - 1 lb. bag - $3.75
- Radish, Winter: Daikon**** - 1 ¼ lb. bag - $2.50
- Potatoes, Sweet***** - 2 lb. bag - $4.75