- What you need to know
- Click Activism – changing the world one click at a time
- What you actually got last week
- And now for something completely different…
The list…this is a general list and you’ll be sent another email within the next week with the detailed list after I get it (which isn’t till the day of the CSA…the list is subject to change without notice because farming is like that! J . However, most of the time it’s accurate and if it’s not…usually only one food item will be changed)…
- Lettuce – 1 head
- Peas, Snow – ¾ lb.
- Greens, Mustard* – 1 bunch
- Peas, Sugar Snap – ½ lb.
- Dill** – 1 bunch
- Check in at the desk with our friendly CSA worker
- Read the Wall Chart that tells us every week what we’re getting, how much we’re getting, and what the farm charged us for it…some weeks it’s take one of everything but SOME WEEKS IT’S NOT!!! So you have to make sure you read the Wall Chart every week, and not assume anything. You can also ask your fellow CSA members that are working that day what the story is for the day (they should have name tags on).
- Demand that Amazon reject unlabeled GMO Apple snacks…
- Tell your Senators and Representatives to protect organic standards in the upcoming Farm Bill, and protect the environment (next one isn’t for another FIVE years!)…
3.Events…both near and far
- Lettuce: Crisp, Red OR Leaf, Red – 1 head - $3.25
- Rhubarb* – 1 bunch - $3.75
- Cress, Curly** – 1 bunch - $3.25
- Peas, Sugar Snap – ½ lb. - $3.50
- Tarragon*** – 1 bunch - $3.50
- Strawberries – 1 pt. - $3.50
Total Items: 6
***Tarragon - no Veggie Info Sheet on Tarragon so…